Sunday, November 23, 2008

Where's my confidence?

Hi there. Day 2 well actually Day 4. This past week I've been exercising like a demon but actually seemed to have gained 4 pounds, I'm not quite sure why this is happening because I've also started eating yogurt for breakfast and eating more fruit. I do wonder if I need to stay away from all carbs and I have definitely had problems in the past with my thyroid. I have been feeling really tired and the hard part is convincing my doctor to up my thyroid meds dosage. But I do feel inspired today by my friend telling me that I have every right to be in the gym, maybe even more than the people who are skinny who are just trying to look good because I'm trying to do it for health reasons.

The scripture I'm going to quote for today is out of Philippians 3:3-I put no confidence in the flesh or on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances. I put my confidence in Jesus Christ and I glory in Him.

Therefore I know I have a battle. But it isn't mine alone. It helps that the Lord is there. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Hi, You may recall that when we start exercising and building muscle, that muscle weighs more than fat. Perhaps that's what's going on?